We know that a medical trip is not a holiday and that you need to plan ahead. We are here to help you make an informed decision and facilitate your medical trip to your chosen medical destination: at our Endometriosis Center of Excellence “Endomedicare Academy”, Bucharest, Romania.
That is why we propose you through this interactive platform to access our sections: Patient Care Manager and Travelling Manager, where you will be able to get in touch with our colleagues, who will put you in touch with our team of doctors.
We want you to have a pleasant experience and receive positive feedback after your medical travel.
When can you request a Second Opinion on endometriosis?
Many people hesitate to ask for a second medical opinion. However, in some situations, especially when it comes to rare or complicated conditions, the opinion of another doctor or a doctor specializing in pathology can completely change the diagnosis, treatment methods, and the patient’s therapeutic pathway and outcomes. In any situation, a confirmation of the diagnosis received or a new, modern, more accessible or advantageous therapeutic pathway could change a difficult situation in your favor.
When is a second medical opinion needed?
* You have been treated, but symptoms continue – when symptoms do not improve or worsen despite treatment, another doctor’s opinion may be needed. Medical treatment should relieve or eliminate symptoms and improve quality of life.
* You feel unsure about the diagnosis – regardless of the diagnosis, you may simply feel unsure. It’s important to get a “second medical opinion” to give you certainty and confidence, to get clarity and clarification to allay your concerns.
* You have been diagnosed with a complex pathology – endometriosis, especially the most advanced type of deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE), bowel endometriosis, bladder endometriosis, sacral root endometriosis – a condition having a greater risk of being misdiagnosed and sub-optimal treated. A center specializing in this disease can help you find out the best therapeutic solution through a multidisciplinary approach in a personalized manner.
Read more details on Endomedicare Academy section.
* You have been offered a risky surgical treatment or one that has long-term consequences – don’t agree to surgery before weighing up other available treatment methods. Surgery is a responsible decision that can have long-term effects.
Highlights*-Robotic surgery in gynecology performed by Professor Elvira Bratila, MD, Bucharest, Romania, the first surgeon who introduced the robotic surgery in the genital sphere, by aid of the da Vinci robotic platform.
Read more details about Hysterectomy.
Read more details about Myomectomy and Uterine fibroids.
Read more details about Laparoscopic uterine cerclage.
* You have been diagnosed with cancer – a cancer diagnosis is hard to receive and accept, because it has a big impact on the life of the patient and those around them. That’s why it’s important to get a second opinion to make sure about the diagnosis, new treatment modalities and the prognosis of the disease.
Read more details about Cervical cancer.
Read more details about Endometrial cancer.
* You have been diagnosed with pelvic chronic pain – chronic pelvic pain is pain in your pelvic region. It’s considered chronic if it lasts for at least 6 months. The pain may be mild, or it may be bad enough to interfere with normal daily routine. Some of the more common causes of chronic pelvic pain include: endometriosis, adenomyosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids.
A center specializing in the treatment of this condition can help you find out the appropriate therapeutically solution.
It is important for you to understand that it is your health and that you have the right to choose. You need to know that you are not an exception; there are many patients who request this. Second medical opinions are frequently requested.
You can obtain a Second opinion on gynecological pathology – endometriosis, deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE), bowel endometriosis, bladder endometriosis, sacral roots endometriosis, uterine fibroids, cervical cancer, endometrial cancer – offered by Professor Elvira Bratila, by accessing our Second Opinion platform.
For these services you only need to send your medical file.
Don’t hesitate to request a Second Opinion on endometriosis if you are in a similar situation to the ones presented, by following the 2 simple steps: contact our Patient Care Manager and our Travelling Manager.